Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to Everyone!
I'm hopeful that 2017 will be a better year than 2016. At least for me, personally, and for several other people who I know have suffered similar ordeals to mine this past year.  The political landscape appears dire, and there are certainly going to be ongoing struggles -- some of which I can hardly believe we're having to fight. But regardless of whether your fight is personal, political, both or otherwise, there is always hope. Hope, which sometimes is a thing with feathers, for sure. But more often, at least for me, it's a thing with shining scales and sharp gnashing teeth, relentlessly beating wings and deadly talons. Hope is always there, with its battle scars, its eyes gleaming in the dark, knowing that it just needs to BIDE ITS TIME.

"There's a starman waiting in the sky
He's told us not to blow it
'Cause he knows it's all worthwhile" - David Bowie

"Sometimes it snows in April
Sometimes I feel so bad, so bad
Sometimes I wish life was never ending
And all good things, they say, never last" - Prince

"There's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in." - Leonard Cohen